CNC Turner - Programming
Day shift – 39 hours a week - Days - Monday to Thursday 7am until 15:30pm Friday 7am until 14:30pm
Excellent salary and benefits package
Are you looking for a new opportunity to be a highly valued member of the team? Working in a clean enviroment with excellent rates of pay and vast company benefits with the opportunity of salary reviews and grow within the business?
Experienced CNC Turner required for busy subcontract workshop. Small batch, high precision components for oil and gas, aerospace and defence industries.
Ideal candidate will be experienced in setting and operating 3axis CNC lathes. Experience with Mazak and Fanuc control systems
Key Responsibilities CNC Turner - programming
· Setting and operating of CNC lathes, with an understanding of programming knowledge.
· The ability to carefully follow procedure in terms of process through set-up sheets etc.
· Be able to interpret technical drawings with a good understanding of geometric dimensions & tolerances.
· Ensuring that quality and safety standards are adhered to at all times.
· The necessary skill set to work within a team environment or individually
· Other duties that maybe required
· All work must be carried out in accordance with job card instructions and attendant stage drawings, customer specifications etc. and generally in accordance with the company’s quality system.
· All work must be undertaken in a safe manner and in accordance with the relevant safe systems of work and generally in accordance with the company’s safety policies
You are expected to work with the minimum supervision and may be expected to deal with other duties as appropriate to your skill set and ability. This is an outline of your duties and responsibilities, it is not intended to be an exhausted list and may change from time to time to meet the changing needs of the business. The job description will not form part of your contract of employment.
Knowledge and Experience CNC Turner
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with large components in high precision manufacturing environment
· A must have experience of Mazak Programming
· Experience of working to engineering drawings or work instructions i.e. Job Cards
· Wide ranging manufacturing process knowledge, across differing materials in varying applications
· Knowledge of how to machine, handle and protect all types of manufactured components
· Experience and ability to programme, set and operate different machine tools
· Knowledge of modern tooling and machining techniques
· Programming Mazak controls
Qualifications CNC Turner
· Completed a recognised apprenticeship in mechanical engineering
· Ability to interpret technical drawings with a high-level understanding of geometric dimensions & tolerances